6/04/2007

British Graffiti (50 seconds)


From my Twitter, 9.40 this morning: "At bus stop on Shepherds Bush Green, waiting for 2nd bus. Someone has written a whole Tennyson poem on the glass in magic marker."

I wanted to post this video there and then, but I was late for school, and didn't have time - so instead I cut it in my phone on the bus on the way home and whispered into my phone like a madman to record the audio :)

The Eagle.
He clasps the crag with crooked hands;
Close to the sun in lonely lands,
Ringed with the azure world, he stands.
The wrinkled sea beneath him crawls;
He watches from his mountain walls;
And like a thunderbolt, he falls.
--- Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Formats available: MPEG4 Video (.mp4)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's great. I love that poem ... know of a great song in which it was put to music.

Rupert said...

really? cool! i'd love to hear it.

Cheryl said...

I likes me some British graffiti! Thanks, Rupert!

Anonymous said...

Have anyone tried to focus on the people behind and not on the written words? Amazing sight as well :)

MadMac66 said...

How on earth do you manage that IN PHONE, quite impressed, either with you ro your darn big-skills-phone

trine said...

i love poety and i love videoblogs. this has both. and the seedy voice works well (ok, I probably shouldnt have said that... )

Chuck Olsen said...

we don't have graffiti like that round these parts.